- Soak moong dal for 2 hours.
- Grind to paste along with spring onion & salt.
- Mix all the dry powders.
- Add this dal mixture to the wheat flour prepare a stiff dough(take care when adding water).
- Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes & Roll into thick pooris.
- Heat oil in a pan & Deep fry to a golden brown colour.
- Serve with any ketchup or green chutney or yogurt or potato sabji
1. After rolling the pooris as in the recipe step 5 - fry the pooris very quickly from both the sides until they are half cooked.
2. Stack them on a tray. At the time of serving, Heat the oil until it is very hot. Deep fry the pooris again until puffed, to get fluffy crispy pooris.
Notes: This quantity makes 12 to 15 pooris. Urad dal is used instead of Moong dal in many states like U.P